The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Reporting for Duty

Serving in the Military? Military Dependent? This is for you.

Reporting for Duty

Postby walker » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:07 am

Walker, Plane Captain 75th Ranger RCT (retired)
walker

Path: Adept of the Light

Re: Reporting for Duty

Postby walker » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Quick look at my career follows:

OK! Here it goes. Full disclosure! Flying out of Port Arthur, Barbados/ 5 UH-60's & 2 A-10's navigating off the JTF/ NOE popped up to 400' to drop on Point Salines Airport 0500. First Platoon/HW(attach)/A Co/1st Batt/ 75th RCT guarding Beacon Team/FACs/PJ Team. Engage automatic weapons pits and ZU-23 AA guns. Call in A-10's on the ZU-23 AA's. Neutralize automatic weapons. In the course of the action Henry "Hank" ........ was wounded on the runway of the Airport. CO effected pick-up. Was also WIA getting to cover while neutralizing a weapons pit. 2 KIA by sidearm, 1KIA by hand.

That must have confirmed my insanity. They hung Captains bars on me and some fruit salad and I became the go-to guy for training other units to have they're own insertion teams. I was doing 10th Mountain just before Desert Shield and Desert Storm. I ended up commanding covering teams & FAC's at the SE end of the "No Fly Zone". Just before I got nailed by a rare germ, I hadn't been vaccinated for, and had to be Med-Evaced to Germany. It was at the end of the 100 hours that I evened up for taking out that kid on Grenada. I was on my butt, figuring I couldn't move, when I heard yelling just outside my CP bunker. It was in Iraqi and very excited and very female. Then a mother, at her last wits, burst into the CP. I knew my HQ detachment was well trained so we didn't need to worry about weapons. She was clutching a little girl, maybe 4 or 5 and, covered in blood.

My head Medic had her on the aid table PDQ. The fall of his shoulders and the tears forming in his eyes told the story. The mom figured it out and lost it. A couple of my guys got hold of her so she couldn't hurt herself or us. That was when I lost it. My big tough Medic reduced to tears because this innocent was going to die. Not while I was here -DAMN IT! I yelled for my RO to get Mike to the CP. I took the chance the "Old Man" wouldn't have me shot for deserting my post. I hadn't thought I could move. I ran that little morsel of innocence the 1/2 mile to the surgical aid bunker. I'm sure the Major heard about it. Soldiers gossip worse then old washer women. He never said a word. That's when I figured I was even for that kids life I had taken. It was only my hands that could take his life. It was only my hands that could save that little girls life. I figured I could live with even.
walker

Path: Adept of the Light

Return to Military Pagans