The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Pendulums & Spirit Communication

discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing,Astrology and Zodiac.

Pendulums & Spirit Communication

Postby ChristianWitch » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:18 pm

I've had this Pendulum for a month now and I'm scared to use it because I tried to activate it for both communications with spirits and my higher self. I thought it'd be safer than ouija boards but I learned that you can in fact encounter demons and evil entities such as Zozo with a pendulum. How will I know when I'm speaking with my higher self or a completely different spirit. How would I know a spirit is safe when communicating with them?

This is the pendulum I got.
ChristianWitch

Path: ChristoPagan

Re: Pendulums & Spirit Communication

Postby ChristianWitch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:02 pm

?
ChristianWitch

Path: ChristoPagan

Re: Pendulums & Spirit Communication

Postby Ultraviolet.Starr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:31 pm

If I were you I would cleanse the pendulum of previous energies and intentions. Then recharge the pendulum for the specific purpose of connecting with your higher self.
If you wish to communicate with spirits, obtain a secondary pendulum specifically for this purpose. Keep both pendulums separate, in a space dedicated to either the self (the higher self) or spirit magick. And only use them for their specific purpose.
Keeping two pendulums each with their own purpose avoids the confusion of not being sure when you are communicating with your higher self or an external spirit.

I have a lot to say about spirit magick, if you are interested to hear, but that would be an entirely different chat.

As far as my best advice goes, I would obtain two tarot decks - become familiar with one deck on a personal level, and use this to communicate with your higher self and the divine.

If you wish to do readings for others, become familiar with another deck solely by asking questions about others, charging them with moonlight, and regularly organizing them. Once you’re familiar with those, then start to use them to read others and do not use these cards to read for yourself.

But back to spiritwork- my best advice for spiritwork without using a Ouija board is to obtain a separate (second or third) tarot deck for the specific purpose of communicating with spirits. Tarot offers more explanation of answers and is a better medium for communication than pendulums. Upon obtaining the deck, bring them to a peaceful graveyard during the day and just shuffle the cards. Break them in. Do not ask any questions at all. After you’ve broken them in for a few days or weeks in the graveyard (again, find a peaceful sunny graveyard, you don’t want to scare yourself,) then begin asking questions of the spirits there. Ask them how they are. If they are resting well. If they would like you to bring them a gift for entering their space and what kind of gift. Etc. once this cute kind of communication begins to come naturally between you, the deck, and the spirits, then you can begin to use the deck for more complex spirit communication. Again, keep these cards very separate from your other decks / magical supplies, and be sure to open and close communication sessions properly + have proper protection for yourself. You don’t want to be taking spirits home with you.

If you receive a lot of negative energy through the cards, find a different graveyard and start again.

Best of luck!
-Violet
☆ Until the moon turns red and the stars rain from the heaven - w4m
Ultraviolet.Starr

Path: Traditional Magick

Return to Divination