The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Pendulum question...

discussion and questions about divination techniques including runes, crystal ball gazing, psychic readings, dowsing,Astrology and Zodiac.

Pendulum question...

Postby Stellar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 pm

I have had this particular pendulum now for about 16 + years.

I consistently get wrong answers to my yes/no questions. Mind you, I don't ask frivolous yes/no questions.

I start by asking my pendulum to show me "Yes" and it begins to swing vertically.
I then ask my pendulum to show me "No" and it begins to swing horizontally.
I then say "Stop" and it stops on a dime.

When I ask it to show me a "maybe" answer, it either swings in a circle, or diagonally.
I do this to establish how my pendulum operates, so that I am sure the answer I get is "clearly" either a yes or a no.

I then formulate the question in my mind, concentrate on it, hold my pendulum and ask away.

If for example, I ask my yes/no question and I clearly get a yes answer...
I always always come to find out later the answer is in fact actually a no. Same goes for all the questions I ask.

"Rarely" do I ever get the correct answer to any question I have. This seems odd to me, as I am quite certain I am doing this correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what, if anything I could possibly be doing wrong here? Is it my pendulum?
Could it be that maybe this particular pendulum is not the right one for me? Could the problem be the questions I am asking?

Inquiring minds wanna know! All help is appreciated!

Blessings,

Stellar :bless:
Stellar

Re: Pendulum question...

Postby BlackTail » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Maybe you should ask the pendulum if it wants to work for/with you? If it doesn't, maybe let someone else work with it for a bit. Or maybe it doesn't want to be used in divination and instead wants to be used in body-energy work? Or for detecting spirits or sacred sites?

Also, i am a believer that whatever message you get from a psychic/card/what-have-you is something you are meant to hear, whether wrong or right. In the end the answer matters little, its what you do with it that matters.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Postby Stellar » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Thank you Black Tail for you insightful response. I do agree with you here.

I asked my pendulum those very questions. I clearly got a "yes" answer to all.

Stellar
Stellar

Postby kiltcha » Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

I can not answer your question about what is wrong with your pendulum but i may be able to help a little bit.

In my experience, when my pendulum will not give me a straight answer... ill usually switch to a chart that has clear answers on it and use that to ask questions over. It seems to help me when i am having problems.

I hope this helps.
kiltcha

Path: non-religious

Return to Divination