The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

What are you listening to?

Audio art

What are you listening to?

Postby walker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:44 pm

Played and sang in a garage band and school band back in the day. It's been over a decade since I've touched a musical instrument. That was showing my daughter how to do arrangements on a keyboard. Way easier then her cello or violin. The musics never left me. I thought it might be that way for others out there. I'll start off with the album "Don't Explain" - Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa. Bonamassa is a combination of King and Clapton at their best in one package. Hart has the sultry voice of a horny angel. Just right for the covers of the Billy Holiday and Eta James songs. Joe's band is in top form and they have a small string orchestra on some of the tracks to give it a smokey cabaret vib. If your a fan of classic Chicago R & B and Jazz give it a listen.
walker

Path: Adept of the Light

Re: What are you listening to?

Postby walker » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm

New day. Monday. Easy post for today after going crazy over the week-end. I picked blind from my record collection to set the music type for the day. Yes children, there was once a medium for listening to music that you couldn't stick your entire music collection in a pocket.
Got .38 Special. Marshall Tucker Band, The Outlaws, Pure Prairie League, Charlie Daniels. Lynyrd Skynyrd and Blackfoot came out to keep them company.
walker

Postby walker » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Day three of what is becoming my music diary. Felt like singing at the top of my lungs. No one but me was there. I wouldn't inflict my voice on anyone. There was a time when I could sing. I now have voices of mass destruction. Yeah!, most of the time I lose it and change key - repeatedly.

Jackson Browne invited James Taylor, Carole King & CSN to come over for a concert.
walker

Postby walker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:18 am

Day four and the music diary continues. Today it's the "Killer Bees" - Bach and Beethoven.
walker

Postby walker » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Another day, another artist. Tried the Jewel Collection today. Some was a bit derivative. A good listen all in all.
walker

Postby Dragonfly » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:27 am

Found some pow wow music, that gets me going X3
D.
In the silence of the woods, you will not be alone....Chief Seattle
Dragonfly

Path: Shamanism

Postby walker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:03 am

Dragonfly, how about dropping something into Intros. Reintroduce yourself. I'm sure there have been changes in the 5 & 1/2 years since you started on the forum. I'm part Onondaga Indian. I spent a summer on the reservation. I past through ordeal, vision quest and had my spirit guide confirmed. I was made a blood brother so that I'd be a full tribal member. I'm starting to put some AmerInd Medicine out in the forum. It was sorely lacking. With you covering Shamanism we can bring a vitally important point of view to the forum.
walker

Postby walker » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:14 am

In my excitement at finding another member, an established one at that, I forgot to write in my musical plans for the day. - Kansas: Monoliths, Leftoverture and their master work, Point of Know Return.
walker

Return to Music Made