The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Why dreams comes...

Dreams, interpretations, symbolism

Re: Why dreams comes...

Postby BlackTail » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:41 am

I think it depends on what you believe. Dreams could just be your mind resting and making sense of your life. Or they could mean something. Or maybe both.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Postby Damiana Ravenbrook » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 am

--POST REMOVED--
Last edited by Damiana Ravenbrook on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damiana Ravenbrook

Path: Eclectic Witch

Postby Burning Falcon » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:26 pm

This is coming mostly from the Buddhist side of my practise, but it is my belief dreams are just as real as "real life", and thus, just as false. I won't go into detail, as an abundance of information on the Buddhist view of reality can be found simply by searching it on google. There is a Hindu belief that bleeds over into some Buddhist schools which I quite like: Lord Vishnu is asleep on a raft, floating on a cosmic ocean which goes on forever, never reaching any shore, and we are the stuff of his dreams. All of this existence, the entire universe and all it contains. So, perhaps dreams are like another universe. I don't have any Idea really. My relationship with dreams is complicated. :3
-Garrett van de Polder, Burning Falcon

Priest of the Arkenvale Order - Mason of Alisanos - Follower of the Buddha - Child of Wakan Tanka

Musician - Druid - Herbalist - Linguist

The candles are lit and the incense is burning,
The prayers have been said, the wheel's been set turning,
So come in and eat, for your stomach is churning,
And know this-
You are welcome here.
Burning Falcon

Path: Sioux Buddhist

Postby Arabius » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:17 am

Well, I don't like to say that I'm right, but this is my perspective based on my personal set of beliefs.

A soul is in a body, that body's mind goes into a sleep state. The consciousness of the soul then transfers to either a separate realm of temporal existence, or rather, to a inner realm of existence within the soul itself 'a pocket of sorts'. In that case, basically, your mind pulls from your body, and your consciousness shifts inwards into your own little world 'literally'. Certain spirits are capable of entering this said 'pocket world' due to their own keen abilities or persistence, whichever is greater.

As for whats in your dreams, and where does it come from? If the above belief is followed, then the contents of your dreams is purely generated from your mind, as you mind manifests this reality around you from your own internal energy. Nature of course as followed, but still certain characteristics of dreams can be completely random and off the subject, such as your subconscious at times. I believe if you learn to control, and center yourself, you can therefore better control, and understand your dreams, and be able to read into yourself better and understand these manifestations for yourself.

But thats just one persons set of beliefs. :P
~Arabius
|Dream Helper|Binaural Beats Writer|Meditation Junkie|
Ignorance is a choice.
Arabius

Postby GothRogant » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:14 pm

Arabius wrote:Well, I don't like to say that I'm right, but this is my perspective based on my personal set of beliefs.

A soul is in a body, that body's mind goes into a sleep state. The consciousness of the soul then transfers to either a separate realm of temporal existence, or rather, to a inner realm of existence within the soul itself 'a pocket of sorts'. In that case, basically, your mind pulls from your body, and your consciousness shifts inwards into your own little world 'literally'. Certain spirits are capable of entering this said 'pocket world' due to their own keen abilities or persistence, whichever is greater.

As for whats in your dreams, and where does it come from? If the above belief is followed, then the contents of your dreams is purely generated from your mind, as you mind manifests this reality around you from your own internal energy. Nature of course as followed, but still certain characteristics of dreams can be completely random and off the subject, such as your subconscious at times. I believe if you learn to control, and center yourself, you can therefore better control, and understand your dreams, and be able to read into yourself better and understand these manifestations for yourself.

But thats just one persons set of beliefs. :P

You are correct in that sense. But what of Lucid dreams? I know they lead farther into the cosmos of our own minds to even greater existence of oneself. I trust that what I know of these tricky dreams to be valid from my own experiences. They can manifest at any given time. They are controlled by your conscious mind whiles you are asleep, but also awake. And lastly, they can lead to OBE. I was 10 years old when I first noticed this and experienced a OBE. Reason I know that is, one can not simply float and sit on your closet and stare at yourself whilst asleep.

Unless you enter a alternate reality within the dream of the subconscious mind, this is not possible with a lucid dream. Lucid dreams have always seemed to feature me as a "3rd person shooter" view like a Video Game such as Resident Evil 4 where you view Leon from behind over his shoulder the whole gameplay.

I have no idea if this is normal for Lucid dreams or not, I only stated it.

:bless: By the Power of 3 times 3, Blessed Be! :bless:
[code][/code]
GothRogant

Path: Pagan

Postby Serafanyelle » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Be careful of your dreams. Sometimes they are not actually dreams but impositions.
With much love, light and brightest blessings
Anita :bless:
Serafanyelle
Returning Member
Returning Member

Path: Eclectic Witch

Return to Dreams