The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Hypnopompic Hallucinations

Rest your head and drift

Hypnopompic Hallucinations

Postby kiltcha » Mon May 29, 2017 10:24 am

I have Hypnopompic hallucinations. I am looking to gain insight.

They say it is common but I am the only one i know who suffers from them.

Basically, It is sleep inertia. I will wake up in the middle of the night but ill still be dreaming. I will be wide awake in a pitch black room, but i will hallucinate various things. It is like I am in a whole different place and time. I wake up to see fires, spirits, dead bodies, nuns, dead dogs, spiders and the list goes on. I have also woke up and hallucinated that i was confined and trapped. I could be wide awake and sitting on the floor of my room, freaking out, because i am stuck inside a box or small room.

Once i realize i am hallucinating and its just a dream, I snap out of it fairly quick. Although my heart is racing and I am pouring with sweat, I am always okay and i have never caused harm to my wife or anything. I am usually just extremely scared.

This has been happening for years. It started around 16 and it comes and goes. I can never predict when it will happen or what to expect. There are no serious life changes that take place or am I under any different amount of stress when the hallucinations start. They can be one or two in a month and then it stops. Or it could be 4-5 times a week for a month and then stop. There is no discernible pattern.

I guess I am looking for people who may have similar experiences to gain more understanding of it and if maybe anyone has any insights.
kiltcha

Path: non-religious

Re: Hypnopompic Hallucinations

Postby Reverie » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:39 am

Have you ever spent any energy trying to gain control over these experiences?
Reverie

Return to Dreams and Sleeping