The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

So what are they to you?

The messengers of Divinity

So what are they to you?

Postby BlackTail » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:33 pm

I'd like to know what everyone thought an angel is or is not? Shiny, blonde, babies? Or the more warriors in armor type? Spirits are interpreted very differently by different people, angels are no differently. So what is an angel to you?
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Re: So what are they to you?

Postby Priestess Vala » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:29 pm

An old post, I know, but here goes:
I would say an angel is a being or spirit that was never human: a non corporeal spirit. And that because of that, an angel has no human form and can take whatever form would be relevant to the individual. They are beings of light energy, as opposed to dark energy (which make up demons). I do not believe that angels are instructed by or ruled by any deities. They are simply another type of being that has more contact with humans on a smaller, day-to-day level than a deity might. Their power may be less than a deity, but it still far outstrips the abilities of a human spirit. I also believe that each angel has a personality and preference all their own, which become a sort of specialty. Whether they organize themselves into a heirarchy of power magnitude, I cannot say until I've asked one. :]
Priestess Vala

Postby BlackTail » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks for the outlook. I feel very similarly. ^^
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Postby RoguePhoenix » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 pm

I think an angel can be a spirit born of neutrality, light, or dark. Creatures, spirits with or without flesh are all born neutral, its up to them how they grow and evolve. Even spirits can be born from other spirits, just as they can die, so its only natural to assume they can evolve as well. I think angels are just another creature, ones with flaws, families, a life, and of a species that evolved and changed over time to become what they are today.
RoguePhoenix

Postby Viriatha » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:57 am

Angel, specifically as opposed to another type of spirit, is whatever their God created them to be. There are compassionate angel and angry angels and scary angels. In Catholic mythology, there are so many angels you need encyclopedias to keep track of them all. One thing that seems to be common, however, is that they are archtypes. Each seems to have a single purpose and an obsessive focus on that purpose.
Viriatha

Return to Angels