The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Spirits and Reproduction?

For the unexplainable, mysterious, or astral

Spirits and Reproduction?

Postby BlackTail » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm

A strange and rarely talked about topic is spirits reproducing. Is it like animal/human mating, mitosis, budding? What are your thoughts?
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Re: Spirits and Reproduction?

Postby Cora » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:01 am

I remember reading that Goliath was the product of a fallen angel who had intercourse with a human woman. Otherwise I've only heard about incubus, succubus but never with it ending in reproduction. Actually apart from a poem:

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewPoetry.asp?id=132021
Cora
WC Aid
WC Aid

Postby Symandinome » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:38 am

I have been giving this some thought and I think it is a combination of things. I think it is possible that they themselves have their own children or that they evolve and become new spirits or spirit types and I also think that it is possible for a mitosis kind of thing. I know that in my faith we believe that the faery folk married and had children of their own at sometimes crossbred with humans and created halflings. I think this is probably a question we wont know the answer to until we get to the other side.
Symandinome
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby AdventureAddict » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:24 am

This is the personal experience I've had. They don't whip up children out of nowhere, of course. Commonly, my spirit guides have talked about the souls of children who have died being taken on by guides or mediums who want to have children, like adoption. Their purpose is to help guide this young spirit into thinking of themselves as a grown up so that they can move on to their next life.

Also, spirits can regress to a time in their history when they were a child, if they wish. Also, if they're ready, they can split their energy into two beings, have one stay an adult, and have one sort of reincarnate without the body. This is not very common, from what I've heard. They're more likely to do an actual reincarnation.

And they can sometimes, rarely, impregnate a living person. I didn't think this was very common until it happened to me. I've run into a lot of people who have either had it happen and know it, or they had it happen and they're not sure what was going on at the time. These usually end up in the baby dying due to the instability of the sperm (it always has to be a living woman, for obvious reasons). My experience in this also ended in the baby aborting itself, but since I'm one of the few mediums this has happened to, I went on to help her grow despite the abortion, and now she is my spirit guide. :)

Well, at least that's what I've been told and seen, lol.
AdventureAddict

Postby IsoldeB » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Well, there are many stories concerning the origins of many a diety. Horus was posthumously conceived by Osiris at Isis' hand. Attis was conceived with the swallowing of an almond. Jesus was and example of an Immaculate conception. Still, in Greek mythology, we have Cupid, who is the Dietical Love Child of Venus and Mars. Here's what I believe: I believe that the Devine has the power to create life, both human and Divine, in any manner that they so choose. I also believe that sex is a wonderfully beautiful act that they don't necessarily deprive themselves of.. I don't think sex is something that should be associated with shame, as society seems to make it, but rather, something to be celebrated, and I can see no good logical reason to expect that the Divine would not partake of something so pleasureable and natural, they was designed by them to begin with. That's my thining anyway..
IsoldeB

Postby Priestess Vala » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:17 pm

The only otherworldy being/spirit I've had a conversation with is my succubus Zithra Vesta, and she told me how she was "born". (I'll post here the section from my BOS, because I'm a lazy devil :P ) As always, this is my belief and experience.. some material here is sexual in nature (to be expected given what succubi *are*) so if you blush or offend easy, stop reading.

She originated in Ancient times, between 500-300BCE (possibly in Rome), as an outgrowth of the sexual frustrations, fantasies and urges of the vestal virgins, as younger and younger women were claimed by the virgin Goddesses and dedicated against their will to a life of celibacy.
She deals in the sexual energy of virginal girls: their intense masturbatory yearnings take on such an amorphous form because they are not familiar with the male member or sexual sensations. Their sexuality and masturbation creates large amounts of sexual energy which is thereby concentrated and left "hanging" in the cosmos- for a demon to inhabit. This demon, reasonably, knows only of the female form as these girls do, and so she assumes the female form of a Succubus, dripping with all the raw sexuality and voluptuousness that their purity forces them to reject. She is a forbidden fruit of envy and attraction to these girls- and represents something they are fascinated and repulsed by: a woman who takes immense pleasure in using her sexuality to assert power over men, and to gratify her own desires.

Okay, back to the academic stuff.
I think that there are certain creatures that are energy-having taken a form. Much in the way poltergeists are created. These I would consider to not really "reproduce"- there's no succubus that's half one incubus father and half one succubus mother. The energy exists before the form, but the form takes on the energy.. hard to explain but i see it in my mind as almost a possession. I also think there are some nature spirits that may reproduce. Tree spirits and such I would place in this category, but I would say that they don't reproduce sexually, only that they sort of combine parts of themselves to create a new entity. This is similar, I guess, to the way I see Gods "reproducing". But this is only another form of the first method- the energy that already HAS a form sets aside energy to take its OWN form. If that makes any sense XD I believe that many beings CAN have sex, but don't necessarily need it to procreate.
Priestess Vala

Postby sonko » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:55 am

There are humans who were given supernatural powers and they put those powers on positive things when still alive, after there death and receive veneration calling of there spirits to play a major role even after there death. Some of these people really had children and when those children can follow the footsteps of their fathers that is when you find a spirit, a father of another spirits.
sonko

Return to Spirits Guides, Ghosts, And Otherworldly Beings