The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Canine [Mature Content Warning]

For the unexplainable, mysterious, or astral

Canine [Mature Content Warning]

Postby RoguePhoenix » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:17 am

I'll start at the beginning of this issue, so the current issue can be fully understood. Hopefully, doing this can lead me to an answer. I have met two other people that had gone through something similar to me, only without the nightmare. It never lead me feeling any closer to the truth though, nor did I ever tell either of them that I had experienced something similar.

It all started for me when I was in 4th grade with a nightmare. In that nightmare I was in my back yard, the sky was clouded. In our back yard at that time was a large old deck. On the deck was a giant muscular canine who had the muscular build of a bull dog, only they were taller then even a normal large dog was. Their face was like a normal dogs, not a bull dogs, and their ears were up facing. Their fur was short and black, their skin was black, and their eyes were pure red. The dog in that dream had claimed they had killed Tipy(a dog of ours that died of limes disease when I was in second grade) and that Duke was next(a dog we had recently gotten at that time). Then they had said I would be next.

At the time, while the dream had scared me, it was easy to brush off at day.. but at night when I listened to our dog duke outside, it sounded like there was another dog outside with him, howling and barking as he was, with a different voice. It would frighten me every night. Sometimes though Duke would sleep inside the house at night though, at those times I still heard a dog outside at night. Such sounds was only a constant thing through the early times we had that dog though. It wasn't trying to frighten me, but rather was making all that noise during that time because we had gotten a new dog. I would hear sounds over the years that sounded like an animal moving but see nothing, or see a rocking being thrown but nobody there.

With the rocks, I first really noticed around that time, only it was during the day. I was rough housing outside with my brother and his friends when one of them accused me of throwing a rock at him. When I said I didn't do it though, we looked around and noticed someone was throwing a rock but it wasn't any of us. The four of us looked around, eventually finding the source of the rock throwing that at times reached a third of a block in distance and always seemed to be in our general direction. It had come from the very top of a tall pine tree. which made no real sense to any of us. It wasn't until then that I started to take real notice of rocks. Sometimes, I would see them thrown and see nobody in the direction it came from. Sometimes the rocks would even hit people around me. Sometimes, I think the two things are related, the rocks and the dog. The rocks never scared me, and it was at extremely rare occasion that I ended up bothered by any of the sounds at all.

Sometimes I would hear the growl of a canine come from a shadowed place but see nothing there. Most incidents I was was alone and happened fast so it was easy to ignore or brush off as my imagination. One time when I was in high school though while I was trick or treating, I heard the growl and.. so did everyone in our trick or treating group. It was the one time I could not dismiss it as over active imagination. I still hear sounds from the back yard of something moving around at night from time to time, or feel followed when nobody is around. The feeling just makes me feel more tense then a paranoid person like me would feel in the first place. At the 5th of this month, I heard a strong canine growl that had lasted for a minuet outside my bedroom in the hallway shadows.

I am just wondering if anyone would know what would be following me, and if they think the rocks or the dream would be related to that. I'm in no hurry as it is obviously something that has never harmed me nor done anything to suggest that it wants to scare me. I'm in no danger and in no rush.
RoguePhoenix

Re: Canine [Mature Content Warning]

Postby BlackTail » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:35 am

thanks for re-posting so everyone can view it.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Postby RoguePhoenix » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:13 pm

You're.. welcome?
RoguePhoenix

Postby Burning Falcon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:41 pm

Huh. I'm afraid I don't really have much I can say to this, but there is one thing.
A good friend of mine had a very similar experience with the dog barking outside, the rocks, and a dream not unlike yours. She has always has had something with spirits in general. Either they seem to love her, or to absolutely hate her. Or, more common than either of these, spirits don't seem to notice she exists in the first place, yet she sees them as clear as day. Perhaps I could talk to her about the canine in her life, and report back.
I hope I have helped!
-Garrett van de Polder, Burning Falcon

Priest of the Arkenvale Order - Mason of Alisanos - Follower of the Buddha - Child of Wakan Tanka

Musician - Druid - Herbalist - Linguist

The candles are lit and the incense is burning,
The prayers have been said, the wheel's been set turning,
So come in and eat, for your stomach is churning,
And know this-
You are welcome here.
Burning Falcon

Path: Sioux Buddhist

Postby RoguePhoenix » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Ah, it did not help as of yet, but it was interesting to hear about. Well, a spirit needs a certain amount of strength to see physical beings so it's no surprise not all of them notice her. I would appreciate it quite a bit if you spoke to her about the canine in her life, especially since it sounds so very similar~
RoguePhoenix

Return to Spirits Guides, Ghosts, And Otherworldly Beings