The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Past Lives;; And How to Communicate With Them

For the unexplainable, mysterious, or astral

Past Lives;; And How to Communicate With Them

Postby Qedava the Grey » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:42 pm

Reincarnation is a belief of many cultures and religions, spanning all across the globe. It is the belief that, after the death of your human body, the soul carries on and enters the body of an infant or unborn child (in some beliefs as other animals/living beings, as well). Within this topic, I'll merge my personal beliefs with the common beliefs of reincarnation, as well as explaining (or at least TRYING) how to contact the lives that you have lived before.

To begin, I must first explain the way I feel about the universe (at least vaguely). We as 'human' souls were created by God (a collection of energies, male and female), and lived happily as souls for a period of time (even though it doesn't really exist there XD). Though we were foolish things, unable to comprehend suffering or pain of any sort, as we were breathed into existence into a realm of love and perfection. As such, the Gods realized that to grow, to learn, we must know pain and we must know suffering. As such, many worlds were created for we souls to live in, Earth being the most Hellish of all. As such, we would set goals for ourselves, things to learn, much like signing up for classes in school. As in life on Earth, some souls seek great knowledge, the knowing of all things (a 'doctorate' of sorts), while some are completely happy with a 'high school' education or even their 'G.E.D!' Each soul is unique and must learn things their own way. This is the premise for reincarnation.

There is no possible way a soul can learn all that it needs in one life, and as such, must take on many lives as many things (though I personally believe that all humans stay humans, and that animal reincarnation is left to animals -- again, that's just my personal belief). Some must learn the strife of poverty and the loneliness of wealth, the the sadness of disability and the triumph of success, all of which must be learned in the span of the Soul. What each Soul's journey is, is known to that of the Soul and that of the Guide(s), who assist you in your goals to learn (while themselves, learning second-hand). At this point of completion, I could go on to explain my views on the God and Goddesses of the Past, but those are my own beliefs and in such a heavily Wiccan community, I don't want to spark any debates.

In a book I read it described this completion of personal goals as a bucket and a thimble. If you fill each with water, which is fuller? The bucket or the thimble? NEITHER! They're both completely full, one simply 'chose' to hold more.

One can go about meeting past lives in a plethora of ways, and I'll attempt to share the ones I am familiar with here. As with any work in the Craft, to some, things easily come, whereas others may work their entire life to achieve the same results as a 'Natural.' I, with my NUMEROUS lives as a witch, have the luxury of being a Natural when it comes to calling them, remembering them. That being said, you must bear with me when I try to explain, as most of these things just COME to me.

(Warning: My own beliefs) You must understand that, while yes, you are a Soul incarnate, the Soul is a TREMENDOUS thing, and can no way entirely fit into the body of a measly human! This is the reason that I find past lives can appear as any other spirit can (if you simply call to them). You'll also find that I HATE making things more difficult than they should be, and you CERTAINLY won't find a guided meditation, if that's what you're looking for. I don't deal with that, as it takes way too much time and energy for me. It is this reason that I simply called out to my lives, and just as a God or Goddess may, they take a leap through the veil and come to you (unless they're busy). Understand that the first time, knowing nothing of your past lives (and if you have inklings, don't hesitate to go on them), you may find it difficult to pull one through. The more accustomed you get to the process, as well as connect to the specific energy of your lives, the easier it is to call them back. If you have the ability to see spirits, I would suggest this way first, though they do seem to have a different make-up than your average trapped Spirit. I actually see past lives better than average Spirits.

If your ability to see spirits is either weak or dormant entirely, I suggest using a pendulum or a (don't be alarmed) Ouija Board. When used correctly, a Ouija Board paired with a past life can be a WEALTH of information. A pendulum slightly less, and should be used after having already gotten acquainted with a past life.

Dreams are another phenomenal way to learn of your previous lives, and it works in generally the same manner as above. Call them to you, or simply ask your Guide to show you things of the past, memories, perhaps even bring yourself and a life of yours together somewhere to chat. When I have these dreams they often begin in a very peculiar manner and you can always tell it's something entirely different from a regular dream. Often I find that a dream will begin with familiar faces and scenery and, as the dream progresses, scenes will change and faces into those they wore before. It's easier to comprehend who and what is going on that way. That may be a personal thing, though. It seems like something my Guide would do, as she sort of babies me, occasionally. XD Be sure to take down all that you learn, clarify with your Guide(s) and perhaps even the past life, if you call them.

The last way I learn of past lives is by sheer memory. It's unique the way memories of lives past come into your mind. Usually I find it happens when I listen to music and have a time to be very calm, like riding in the car, looking off into space. Given the opportunity, the seal can be broken, and then they will just flood in at all times! The hardest part about this is BREAKING the SEAL!! People can work for years to break the seal that blocks between this life and that. And also don't be surprised if certain things are beyond your memory. I have found that in certain instances, that there are things I am not supposed to learn about a life until later in this one. Trust your soul and trust your Guide, as they won't show you anything that you shouldn't see.

These are the ways that I have learned to contact my past lives, and in this way, I have learned about almost 20 of my lives. Not only their names and where they lived, but their jobs (usually they were just witches), hobbies, loves, friends, goals and failures. They are truly a wealth of knowledge on their own, be it perhaps book smarts (depending on the lives you've had), but also in the sense category.... They have lived their life, and they have learned from other lives, just as you are now. Have faith in them, but also realize that what they suggest, what they have done, should not always be done without question or idolized, as they've not had all of the overall experience your Soul may have gained since the life they lived.

Be warned and good luck! I hope I've been of some assistance.

Lovingly,
Qedava the Grey

P.S.
If you know a good and trusted medium, you can also ask them to Channel a life since past. I've done this before, but be prepared, as the mannerisms you share may at first be startling. Especially in the way they speak, the way they move, and their humor!
love spells. past lives. spiritual medium. the Morrigan. curses&hexes. herbs. divination.
Qedava the Grey
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Path: Ecclectic Witch

Re: Past Lives;; And How to Communicate With Them

Postby lovebrighteyes » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Do you have a blog or have you ever thought of starting one? You have so much knowledge and I would think it would be great if you wrote a blog, book or eBook.
lovebrighteyes

Postby Qedava the Grey » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 am

Oh, wow. Thanks, doll!
No, I haven't any of those things, but I've tried starting a blog before. I just get too distracted to blog on a daily basis and then I'll end up going like weeks without getting on and... it's just bad news. XD

Plus neither of those are hands on enough, here and on my website, I can work one on one with people. I'm a teacher at heart, and that's what I'm going to school for. I love helping others and showing them 'what' and 'how.' : )

That's why I'm both here and why I have my own forum. XD
love spells. past lives. spiritual medium. the Morrigan. curses&hexes. herbs. divination.
Qedava the Grey
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby shining*star02 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Qedava,
Could you further explain how to contact your past lives with a pendulum? I'd like to try it :)
shining*star02

Postby Qedava the Grey » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:59 pm

Why yes, of course!
It's really quite simple. You basically do the same that you would do working with any entity via pendulum. Sit down, hold the pendulum out and ask your Past Life to join you. Being that it's your first time and you don't really know of any of your lives yet, I'd suggest just asking any of your lives to join you. Using a pendulum to get a name is a pain, so try your best to allow your mind to be free. It was through using a pendulum that I first began honing my ability to hear entities.

Then you can proceed to ask 'yes' or 'no' questions. Like I said above, using a pendulum upon first contact is really a hassle. Because unless you're equipped with maps and a Pendulum Circles, it's not easy to get names, places or dates, all of which are crucial pieces of information when contacting a past life.

Before trying to use a pendulum, I'd recommend trying to dream or meditate on your past lives. Do the same, asking a Life to come through in your dreams or through your mind while you meditate. If that doesn't work, then I'd say your best bet would be pendulum. Ouija Boards are nice for such things, but most people seem to shy away from them. I've never known why, and they're very easy to fashion on the go.
Qedava the Grey
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Twistedsymphony » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:44 pm

This was a really informative post!

I have a few past-life memories- or what I think are memories, anyway- that I've known about since a very young age (an age at which I'm fairly sure it's difficult for one to make up something so detailed) but it seems they're slipping away as I get older. It's harder and harder to remember what they are. Any tips for helping me keep those memories? =\
Twistedsymphony

Postby Qedava the Grey » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Write them down, darling! It's always important to write such things down. I don't know what it is about the spiritual, but memories of small spiritual things, like certain dreams and conversations with the dead seem to slip away much more quickly than things that are in the material. It's very important to keep a journal or just collection of notes that you jot down. Things that can jog your memory, or even BE your memory if you happen to lose something entirely.

I have the same problem sometimes, and I'm very forgetful when it comes to writing things down, but sometimes I'll stumble upon something I wrote years ago and it will all come back to me. Those are the times you're VERY thankful you kept track of all the things that happened. ^^
Qedava the Grey
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Twistedsymphony » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Pfft, and that's just the kind of thing I'd forget about. xD Makes me feel quite daft. I'm definitely going to get them written down.. it might take a while, but I'm sure it will help a lot. :)
Twistedsymphony

Postby Qedava the Grey » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Aha! Worry not. Turning the judgmental eye away. ; )
Qedava the Grey
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby IsoldeB » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I am just now seeing this post, but found it very informative. I do not own a pendulum, or a Ouija Board. I used to dream, but that seems to have left me, at least for the moment. I'm somewhat desperate to get that gift back, now that I know that there was a real purpose to it. I understand, that I may not ever get it back and that thought, puts me at the verge of tears. Here seems to be one more thing the gift could be useful for. thank you for this post. I will keep you informed if I have any breakthroughs. I'm learning alot of information, but I seem to be one of those people struggling ...at least in some areas, mostly those pertaining to Meditation or Divination, or identifying guides, etc. I will keep at it though, until I finally break that seal. I count it all now, that the God and Goddess want to see just how dedicated I will be to learning, a test, perhaps on my sincerity or my perserverence. I had the gift of dreams, as I said, and didn't use it. Perhaps they are more relunctant to release it to me again, without testing my worthiness of it further. I don't imagine that it should be wasted, and I didn't realize before that it was what it was, well... that's only partly true, I knew they weren't mere dreams, but I wasn't brave enough to admit that to myself or anyone else, so... the gift fell waste in my head. Anyway, as I often do, I got off topic... thank you for the post.
IsoldeB

Postby Qedava the Grey » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 am

Since posting the original post, I have made much head way with the topic of Past Lives.

The first tid-bit I need to add is the fact that I may have over-simplified the accessibility of past lives. I have learned that the number of my lives that have remained in spirit form isn't exactly "the norm," meaning that MOST past lives -- being spirits -- Move On. This doesn't make them impossible to reach, it will just take more dedication. You always have to remember that MOST lives are VERY similar to you in temperament, attitude, personality and morality. This being said, if you are the sort of person who would want to nose around in the business of your following lives and help them, give them Guidance, then you can probably bank on at least a FEW sticking around. The more goal oriented people probably find that most of their lives have Moved On, returned to the gros ban ange1 (for lack of a better term).

To contact them, they must come through the Veil, return from the Otherside/Heaven/Hell/Pick your poison. If this is the case, they may appear differently and act under more solid rules about interaction with the living (or Livers, as I like to call us). Their knowledges may appear limited as to what happened in their life, in the Guidance they can offer in this life, and forwarding spells (usually of the darker sort) are usually prohibitado! To access these lives, you might have to rely on formal ceremonies, such as seances to pull them through. Especially if not accustomed to "pulling people through." Another nifty bit of information about those who come through the Veil, they may be more difficult for mediums to see and can even mask their presence for those they do not wish to be seen by. This can make things very difficult, but again, with enough determination you can speak with them. It might take a lot of practice and trying multiple means, but don't give up!

Any questions, just let me know! c:

1 In Voodoo, it is believed that there are two portions of the soul, the gros bon age (big guardian angel) and the ti bon ange (small guardian angel). As I use it, the gros bon ange is your entire soul, the sum of the many parts (lives) all massed together to form the complete soul. The ti bon ange being the individual pieces, the portion of the soul that you have and each of your lives have possessed when they were alive, each unique, each distinct, but all puzzle pieces of the entire soul
Qedava the Grey
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Cora » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:53 am

Is it possible to see past lives in other people more so than your own?

With my partner I can see him in many different past lives. He was definately a Viking once. When I lay next to him with my head resting on his I can see him in different roles over the years. I've mentioned it to him sometimes but he laughs (in a nice way). The viking life is the clearest I've seen, he has animal skins over him and he is a warrior, people definately follow him. He has a thick metal snake around his neck which is biting its own tail it looks gold or bronze. I can see beautiful detailing on the snake likes each scale of its body and its eyes etc. I definately feel we have been together in previous lives.

My own lives are vague. I feel I was drowned as a witch in my most recent and have vivid images when I sleep now of watery figures above me. Before that I saw a glimpse of myself dying during childbirth in a large freezing cold stone building.
Cora
WC Aid
WC Aid

Return to Spirits Guides, Ghosts, And Otherworldly Beings