The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

What pantheon are you drawn to?

Deities, Concepts, Archetypes

What pantheon are you drawn to?

Postby BlackTail » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Share what pantheon you are drawn to!
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Re: What pantheon are you drawn to?

Postby Symandinome » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:07 pm

The Tuatha De Danaan....the greatest of all the gods!
Symandinome
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby BlackTail » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:12 pm

I'm more in tune with the Egyptian Pantheon.
My matron is Hathor-Sehkmet, my patron is Anubis.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Postby Cyphir » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:19 pm

I have to go with Sym, though I respect all gods. Celtic mythology just inspires me. I want to learn all the myths I can.
Cyphir
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tasariel » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Maybe Norse, or Greek. I come back to Greek often because I know a lot about it, but Norse interests me as well. :)
I love to lie in the grass,
Watch the butterflies pass,
Listen to the earth all day,
And watch animals play.
But what I'd really really love to do,
Is do it all with you.
Tasariel
Welcome Team
Welcome Team

Path: Wicca

Postby IsoldeB » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:45 am

I haven't figured it out yet, but I'm investigating it. I was having an interesting minichat with Black-Tail Sphinx the other night, and we were talking about this. She asked me if I had given any thought to the Dieties, and I told her that I thought about all of them. I've read about the Egyptian Dieties (and Pharoahs who are descended from them), the Greek Gods/Goddesses, some of the Celtic Dieties, and then I've learned about monotheistic cultures' Dieties as well, Jehovah, Allah, etc. When I first began questioning "which path is the CORRECT path" I expected there to be one absolute answer. After much reading and thought processing, I have come to the conconclusion that the reason these "myths" have been around for centuries (millenia actually) is because they are all true. There is no one absolutely true path. Now, I'll expand on that a bit. Each culture, even today, "tests" their theories and it can be assumed the results of those tests were satisfactory, or the faith would cease to exist. Example (not the only one I'm sure, but the one I am obviously most familiar with at the moment): Gideon tested the will of Jehovah by saying, "if the wool is wet, and all the ground is dry, then I'll know", or "if the wool is dry and all the ground is wet"... when just that very thing occurred, Gideon knew that Jehovah was really speaking to him. I don't believe any of these Pantheons would have survived for as long as they have without similar "testing". As a general rule, people require evidence, we don't behave like sheep and follow blindly (well, mostly :)) ... anyway... I theorize that ALL of the different cultures Dieities are real, and the reason there are so many different cultures on our land today is because over time, these various Dieties have revealed themselves to different individuals in different ways. Even Jehovah said, "I am a jealous God, thou shalt have no other Gods before me"... I don't think he would be jealous of somehthing that wasn't real or had no merit....so this acknowledgment of the existence of other God only confirms my theory. Going a little further, I believe that each individual person was created to honor and or serve certain of these Dieties, but certainly not all of them. This may even explain why we all are as different as we are, with different looks, personalities, intelligence, etc. We were given the traits that would best be favored by the Diety/ies for whom we were created. Wow, that was a lot of opinion spit out right there.....for someone who hasn't figured out which Diety/ies it is that is calling her.
IsoldeB

Postby Symandinome » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:54 am

I think that was a very well thoughtout theory. Many people spend their life never picking names to call deity by. Some just prefer to say god and goddess and some not even that some just recognizes a universal power of sorts. The world is full of many truths we as individuals must find our own truths. I am a firm believer of all roads lead to one.
Symandinome
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Cyphir » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I have been reading some books where all the gods exists. The theory is that the gods can come to earth because of faith. What a person believes to be true allows the gods to manifest in that particular form. In fact the book goes on to say that there can be several of the same deity because different groups of people have similar, but just different enough beliefs to allow for it. Two main examples are the Native American deity called Coyote. Each tribe has their own version of him, therefore there could be several Coyote deities running in the deserts at the same time. The other example is the Jewish Yahweh existed along side the Christian version.
Cyphir
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JBRaven » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:56 pm

I have started to believe that the gods are more than just different names of a singular divine energy. I think there are a few who are real individual deities. There are a lot of "revamps" to personalize the god of neighboring country ( or ancestor), so I don't think each each of them fall under the "real" category, but they are names from one god. Like saying there are really only 10 gods and all god names that are human made are going back to these original 10. (Mind you 10 is an example how many there are I don't know).

But what path I follow- that is well known, Slavic gods.....they get me and I them. SO why stray from the gods who make you whole.
JBRaven

Path: Slavic Witchcraft

Postby IsoldeB » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:45 am

I think I understand what you mean here, like (for example) perhaps Aphrodite (Greek) and Venus (Roman) are both names for the same Goddess who revealed herself to individuals in both cultures. The Goddess is real, but the names are different, doesn't mean that either the Greeks or the Romans were incorrect, they just had a different name for the single entity...
IsoldeB

Postby Healing_Touch » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:27 am

Everything on here I find is an excellent source for ppl to understand about the various entities that come about with Faithes and how ppl try to differentiate their own faiths. When in a whole all of the God/desses come down to a select group of God/desses that revealed themselves to us wholely. For me as an individual I find deeply attracted to Hestia so much so that I call her my spiritual mother cause of how warm and close I feel to her (I may sound somewhat like a nut case but thats how I feel) my patron I really don't have but if anything I would choose Apollo cause for some reason he acknowledges me alot (and I know this cause I live in MN and usually we get snow in OCTOBER but this year, ever since I acknowledged Apollo, we haven't had ANY snow, like a few flurries over the night but then BOOM gone the next day)
Healing_Touch

Path: Hellenistic Republic

Postby Symandinome » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:52 am

To me then it would seem that your patron and matron deities have made themselves known to you and are just waiting for you to acknowledge them as such.
Symandinome
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Healing_Touch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Yep, I thought so that they are waiting for me to acknowledge them (which I will do more once I move out of my parents house) but also that I am giving them more notice each passing day. So I know that they are loving it (I think lol)
Healing_Touch

Path: Hellenistic Republic

Postby autumnAria » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:36 am

I'm very much drawn to Greek and I always have been. Atypical as this may be I consider Hermes my patron and Artemis my matron though I do also have a soft spot for Hades, if mostly because he gets such a bad rep but he's really a pretty nice guy.
autumnAria

Postby Priestess Vala » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:21 pm

I have been down many paths since I started working with pagan gods. I have old established relationships with many Greek deities and some Egyptian as well. But the single deity closest to my heart is Ninsi'anna (Inanna). She is my Queen and I am her Priestess
)O(

For this reason, I am further looking into the Mesopotamian pantheon, and it seems to fit me very well.
Priestess Vala

Postby KaLightSirius » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:38 pm

I am drawn to Anubis as my family is from the Sirius's family-the Dog Star. :bless:
May the Amon-Re shine into your Soul.
KaLightSirius

Path: Ancient Egyptian

Postby WendyWitchcraft » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Greek and Celtic Female Deities who are dark or beautiful also I'am gaga for The Egyptian Cat Godess and Lilith. I Also worship Lucifer and anything else that is evil so 666 and marry meet :bless: :bless: :bless: :bless: .
WendyWitchcraft

Postby ChristianWitch » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Because I’m a Christian I stick to working with God, saints, and angels, however I do have a fascination with the Egyptians. I’ve still yet to figure out how I can work with other deities without betraying God. It’s law for me to only worship God. I’m trying to figure out the what’s the limit that’s considered “worshipping” a deity. Also I’ve been told deities expect something back like an offering after helping you, and that to me is within or close to the borderline of worshipping.
ChristianWitch

Path: ChristoPagan

Return to Faces of the Divine