The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Pure Freedom

Support and Open Hearts

Pure Freedom

Postby Hamelden » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:36 am

THAT'S what I want! Pure, unadulterated freedom; in it's rawest form!

...Sadly though, I don't live in a society that supports what I feel freedom to be; even today I'm being summoned by the community for Jury duty, and I haven't slept all night; I'm tired and I want to go to bed, but I can't because I have to do what they say, or they'll make me pay for it, literally.....and it just rubs me wrong. ....I hate feeling controlled; that's part of the reason I first became interested in Wicca; a path that celebrated freedom and individuality; open mindedness and creativity, and so on, and so forth.

Living in town is what the real problem is for me, so I'm planning on spending the next year or so preparing myself to embrace what I believe to be the true heart of Wicca, and submerse myself into Mother Nature, completely skyclad, to live off the land, and reconnect with the Earth, and hone my Craft......free of the noise, and electrical buzz of Cowan society, with their wrought-iron chains of legislated captivity, their monstrous machines and mindless factories, their biased news outlets rife with lies, and hatred, and propaganda of another bloodbath for their precious Holy War.....I'm just tired of it all; tired of people. Looking at what's happening in the world breaks my heart....I used to feel happy when I pictured our blue planet from outer-space, but more often than not, lately I feel sad and ashamed when I picture it. I adopted an attitude of "I'll change when the world changes." for far too long.

In order to change though, I have to leave the everyday world of society, and journey on a Vision Quest of sorts, for an indefinite amount of time. I'd like to eventually create a little homestead deep in the wilderness, no roads which lead there of course; just a cottage in the middle of the forest, perhaps at the edge of a small clearing. This venture will prove to be quite a challenge though, as I don't intend to bring any tools or supplies with me when I leave; not even clothes. I want to get everything I need from nature itself, making my own tools and hunting weapons, eventually forming a clay kiln in which I can forge metal tools, instruments, and jewelry. ....Gonna be pretty rough at the start of it all though; if not properly trained and prepared for the quest, an average person would surely die....

Blessed be!
"An ye harm none, do as ye will."

--The Rede
Hamelden

Path: Wiccan

Re: Pure Freedom

Postby Hamelden » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:55 pm

Update: I now know that my sojourn into the wilderness next year will not be "for an indefinite amount of time" as I had originally planned. I intend for it to be exactly A Year and a Day, as is the traditional length of time for training newly initiated witches, but seeing as I'm a Solitary Witch, I have to do what I feel is right in my heart in regards to my Initiation, and my teachers have to be the Lady and Lord themselves, but in a concrete jungle, I can't hear their words of wisdom, or feel their presence. Deep in the heart of their own domain though, I shall find the answers I seek, and emerge from the wilderness a newly initiated, self-dedicated Wiccan.....but at great risk; the only alternative is that I perish in the forest, returning to the Earth from whence I came. ....And that's what the true Magick of my Initiation would be; all great things in life come at a cost, and most anything worth doing comes with risk, and danger...

Blessed be!
"An ye harm none, do as ye will."

--The Rede
Hamelden

Path: Wiccan

Re: Pure Freedom

Postby Serafanyelle » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:52 pm

I love that you will go for one year and one day. Safe journey. :bless:
With much love, light and brightest blessings
Anita :bless:
Serafanyelle
Returning Member