The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Left hand Vs Right hand?

A place to chat, not always about magick.

Left hand Vs Right hand?

Postby ljstott » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to this. I am having some problem with the holding the tool in the right hand. When I hold the tools the right hand I feel nothing. Then on the other hand if I hold the tools in the left hand I feel the energy move through.
I was wondering if this OK? Because the books and website that I have read so far all say that you have to use the right hand. Can someone please help on this. All advise will be greatly received. X3

lj.

ljstott
ljstott

Re: Left hand Vs Right hand?

Postby Anastasiya » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:26 am

Aloha

So, when i was learning to feel energy, someone told me that energy is received into the body through the non-dominant side and projected out of the body through the dominant side. Then i discovered this isnt exactly true for me, i only have a firm grasp of the energy I'm working with in my dominant hand, the hand i work with the most in everyday life.

For you, you do what you feel. Thats what the study of magick really is, the study of yourself and how you interact with the world. If your left hand is your magickal hand, then roll with it. Its unique, its a sign that your mind has already set something apart as purely magickal. Its like wearing robes to a ceremony, it's utterly specific and puts your mind in a certain Space, making your mind is free to focus on what you're doing, rather than how.

Hope this helps!

Love,
Anastasiya
Anastasiya

Path: Wizard

Postby SolSeeker » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Generally, the left is considered the "receiving" hand so it could be that you are feeling the energy move from the tool into your hand/body. The right hand "sends" energy, so maybe you need to work on developing this skill. That said, there isn't really a "wrong" way to do it. But my personal suggestion would be to keep working with the energies until you feel something on both sides. It is a skill that can be developed over time. D':
SolSeeker

Path: Correllian Natavist

Postby Zxone#? » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:46 pm

I just usually feel a mass 'charge' throughout my body. I try to not use power(s) of whatever type unless I feel a need. In balance, how to not use or use and be able to improve? Probably just a general education of whatever type question. Pax!
Zxone#?

Return to General Discussion