The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Proclomation of Dictatorship

A place to chat, not always about magick.

Proclomation of Dictatorship

Postby walker » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:20 am

I Walker, being of .... Oh wait, that's something else. By right of conquest, namely writing more posts in two days than any established member has written in two months, I proclaim myself dictator of this forum. There will be no extra rules since I have enough trouble following rules that I'm not giving myself extra headaches, thank you. There will be long lists of the things you must do under this dictatorship, which will be quickly ignored, if I can find anyone with absolutely nothing to do to write such lists. Demerits will be liberally assessed for no good reason. Have fun with that. Don't know what to get someone? Give them 10 demerits. They have most likely never received demerits for a gift and they fit any budget. If you are under 18 and giving them to a parent or guardian, I take no responsibility for the outcome.

Seriously, we can have fun with this forum. We can learn from each other. We can make something special if we try very hard. I'm also seriously taking over dictatorship of this forum. I came on it and found a submission of a question that went unanswered for more then a week. I gave an answer. I'm calling out through the multiverse for her to come back and read that answer. She deserved an answer. More then that, it sounded like she needed an answer. OK. I'm dictator here now. There will be me answering," I don't know but I'll try and find out.", if that's all I can do. I am an Adept of the Light. I've been around the Craft and AmerInd Medicine my entire life. I'm 60. All that says is I've been lucky enough to know how much I need to learn. The answers I have I will share. The only caveat being I will only teach within my ethics. If I have not come to know you well enough or I think it will be misused your not learning it from me. Be as pi$$ed as you like. Somehow I will survive your ire. My manifesto follows:

Religions, capital "R" religions, there certainly are a lot of them. Take your pick of which one, or none, is right for you. I think it's much more important to remember and exercise the little "r" part of religion. The good things of the human spirit. Things like honesty, forgiveness, charity, patience and caring. Remembering the intrinsic worth and equality of every human being. Striving to make the world a better place. Doing the r of religion isn't like those big showy sacrifices of R religions. Nope! Sorry! No free lunch. It's much harder. You probably won't have many who see it. It's an all the time thing. The only reward is knowing you did what was good and right and just maybe spiritually uplifting, whatever you consider that to be. It can be thankless and exhausting and sometimes you just want to say "Let somebody else do it!". We are all some ones somebody else. You have to do all those things you learned when you where little. In case you've forgotten, in this frantically paced world, here's the start of a list. First, BE CIVIL! Work and play well with others. It's really no harder to be calm then it is to act like a screaming idiot bouncing up and down like a Chihauhau on speed. Second, PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF IN PUBLIC. Don't litter. Recycle if possible. I don't care if you have no shelves or cloths hangers at home because you find diving into a huge pile of stuff in the middle of the room to be a great adventure when your looking for something. I don't have to step in it or trip over it. You see where this is going? We're all on the same page(screen) here. Have a smile and a kind word for someone who needs it, even if your having the day from he!!. Have a hand to reach out to aid another even when your arm is tired. Be a friend to someone who doesn't have one but needs one. Be a bandage on a suffering bleeding world. I'm the most benign of dictators, also the kind that's the biggest pain in the a$$. I'm not ordering anyone to do this. Worse! I'm going to try my hardest to do this. The only person I can control is myself. So when you see my name going up on questions, answers, rants and whatever else strikes my fancy [and wow, I've got a fancy, fancy striker} you'll see it and since you've read this your going to have to ask yourself if you've done anything.
walker

Path: Adept of the Light

Re: Proclomation of Dictatorship

Postby walker » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:52 am

I may just call this my Blog. Somebody say something.
walker

Path: Adept of the Light

Return to General Discussion