The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

New witch and broke

Questions & Answers, Opinions, and all-around Magick Chat

New witch and broke

Postby wolfrunner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Hello, and thank you for reading this post.

I am new to the witchy way although I have dabbled in such things since I was a teenager. I am now earnestly wanting to follow this path, but I find so many spells/potions/rituals require elements I do not possess (certain oils or herbs.) I am on a severely strict budget so getting these things are out of the question now. How can I substitute/omit and use what I have? I practice candle magic and tarot divination frequently as they require very little to accomplish. Are there any one to two ingredient spells/potions that I could use? I already make moon water. Any advice would be welcome.

Much thanks,

wolfrunner :bless:
"I'm running with the wolves tonight..." - Aurora
wolfrunner

Re: New witch and broke

Postby wolfrunner » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Also what kind of magical tools can I make on my own? Examples would help.
wolfrunner

Postby Serafanyelle » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Check the tables of correspondences to identify suitable substitutes. Also, as far as possible use local plants to make replacements.

As far as tools go .... I have never subscribed to the view that a witch must have an expensive athame for instance. My wand is unfinished, my athame is a darling needle from my grand mother and my sword is my mind. :)

One example of a way that I have worked spells that require exotic oils, herbs or animal parts is to meditate and let the answer present itself. Animal parts in particular are a touchy one for vegans. However, the correspondences with the olde common names reveal that often “animal parts” named were in fact herbs. Eye of newt for instance does not refer to lizard eyes. :D

Blessed be.
With much love, light and brightest blessings
Anita :bless:
Serafanyelle
Returning Member
Returning Member

Path: Eclectic Witch

Postby wolfrunner » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Thank you Serafanyelle for your reply. Where might I find a table of correspondences? I don't have a lot of native plants that I can use. I can only think of one. Lol. I'm planning on growing some herbs myself once spring/summer comes again.
wolfrunner

Postby Shekinah » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 pm

Apply time and energy to "The Great Work" the alchemy of transmuting your mortal spirit into one on the path to peace, power and enlightenment. This requires only dedication, persistence, visualization practice and circle casting communion with Spirit. Tools, implements, potions are crutches to facilitate mental imagery not essential to a practiced Witch.
Shekinah

Return to Advice, Opinions, and Magick Chat