The Witches Collective - Services - Book of Shadows - The Shop - Links - Terms of Service - Big Bad Studios.com: The Art of WC

Blood Magick?

Questions & Answers, Opinions, and all-around Magick Chat

Blood Magick?

Postby doomlilia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:50 pm

I'm curious about the use of blood as an ingredient, why and when one might use it, and in general what one might refer to as "blood magick"...but I haven't been able to find many detailed resources or books about it. I understand it's a bit of a controversial topic, but I'm just genuinely wondering about it. If anyone has book recommendations, I'd be thrilled. Or if you just want to share some facts and figures, I'd be interested to hear!
doomlilia

Re: Blood Magick?

Postby BlackTail » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:32 pm

Blood is used in traditional witchcraft at times. But for the most part, menstrual blood is the most used type that i am aware of. As it requires no pain to get.
I don't do anything with blood because in Egyptian magic if you use blood it is considered not pure. If you offer blood to a god, they turn your thoughts to eating you. Same with the egyptian spirits. Never offer your blood to any being.
Daughter of Sekhmet
Beloved of Sobek-Ra, Yinepu, Nebthet, and Nefertem

Artist - Witch - Shaman
Guide and Friend in the Path of Witchcraft
BlackTail
Site Admin
Site Admin

Path: Kemetic Orthodox

Re: Blood Magick?

Postby Lady Skydancer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:07 pm

doomlilia wrote:I'm curious about the use of blood as an ingredient, why and when one might use it, and in general what one might refer to as "blood magick"...but I haven't been able to find many detailed resources or books about it. I understand it's a bit of a controversial topic, but I'm just genuinely wondering about it. If anyone has book recommendations, I'd be thrilled. Or if you just want to share some facts and figures, I'd be interested to hear!

Hi Doomlilia,

I may be able to give you some advice on the use of blood in magick but it may be useful to myself & others to know a little more about you, your experience in using magical ingredients, and the path you follow. The use of blood is common in a few branches of the craft and always used with a strong knowledge of what you are doing and the outcome you want to affect.

I look forward to hearing a bit more about you. Blessings, x
Lady Skydancer

Return to Advice, Opinions, and Magick Chat